Innovation Center case:
From castings or welded assemblies to components manufactured from sheet metal!
Today many steel components are manufactured as castings or welded assemblies. A very large part of these components could with advantage be manufactured from sheet metal instead – for example by means of deep drawing, pressing or spinning.
We evaluate on the following:
- Raw material parameters
- Design parameters
- Production setup parameters
- Cost-benefit parameters
- Application and usage parameters
In our Innovation Center we cover all aspects of the component and provide you with detailed information to assist your decisionmaking!
Advantages from sheet metal components:
- Using deep-drawing or cold forming the components can be produced using a higgly automated production processes and with minimum raw material and energy consumption. Both aspects positively influence the price of the component - and it provides competitive advantage for the customer.
- Using the spinning process the component will have the same strength and curability as a casting, but with a significantly lower weight. This ensures a reduced weight of the end-product with thus reduced inertia and energy consumption - this provides competitive advantage and sustainability.
Examples of components which with great advantage can be manufactured as sheet metal parts:
- Transmission components (v-belt pulleys and poly-v pulleys)
- Valve - and pump components for process equipment
- Voluminous components